- Title: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (Star Wars: Essential Guides)
- Author: Bill Smith, Troy Vigil, Doug Chiang
- Released: 1996-03-01
- Pages: 201
- ISBN: 0613142772
- ISBN13: 978-0613142779
- ASIN: 0613142772
Bill Smith's illustrated Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels--a veritable blue book for the Star Wars universe--lets you kick the tires on all these ships and more. Researching not just the movies, but also Star Wars novels, comics, computer games, et al., Smith tirelessly details 100 different ways to get around--and dish out destruction--in the land of sandcrawlers and speeders. Descriptions of familiar vehicles ("That's no moon... it's a space station!") blend seamlessly with the more obscure (can you name six kinds of TIE fighters?). This is one showroom-floor tour you won't want to miss out on. --Paul Hughes
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap "THAT'S NO MOON! IT'S A SPACE STATION."
But it wasn't just any space station--it was the most famous battle station in movie history, the Death Star, just one of the dozens of high-tech marvels that are found in the movies, the books, the comics, the games, and everywhere the Star Wars epic continues.
STAR WARS(c): THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO VEHICLES AND VESSELS
* Features detailed data on the most important spaceships, vehicles, and
battle machines in the Star Wars universe.
* Describes the development and historical importance of each vehicle.
* Includes detailed illustrations with each entry for instant visual reference.
* Brings you up-to-date on the latest starcraft technology used by the New
Republic, its allies, and its enemies.
THESE ARE THE SHIPS USED TO TRAVEL, EXPLORE, AND CONQUER THE LENGTH AND BREADTH OF THE STAR WARS GALAXY. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.