- Title: Chase's Calendar of Events 2004 : The Day-to-Day Directory to Special Days, Weeks, and Months
- Author: The Editors of Chase's
- Released: 2003-09-26
- Pages: 752
- ISBN: 0071424059
- ISBN13: 978-0071424059
- ASIN: 0071424059
"The definitive guide to all holidays and anniversaries."--Kris P. Maher, Wall Street Journal
Chase's delivers every day of the year!
"I'm a big fan of Chase's Calendar of Events!"
--Al Roker, "Today"
"In its diversity and inclusiveness, the compilation is an exhaustive guide to the country's ideals and passions."--Washington Post
"Chase's is a real library success story . . . it is considered the national resource for identifying special days, weeks, and months. . . . Librarians and patrons will find this work indispensable."--Library Journal
[can cut if need room]"A way to brighten the day . . . the bible of special occasions."--Los Angeles Times
"A gold mine."--Christian Science Monitor
Since 1957, Chase's Calendar of Events has been the most trusted and comprehensive reference available on special events, holidays, federal and state observances, religious celebrations, historical anniversaries, celebrity birthdays and much, much more. Chase's has all the answers in a day-by-day format.
For 2004, all entries have been updated with new dates or contact information and in the handy "Spotlight" section you'll find more detailed information on significant anniversaries, including: the 150th anniversary of the Republican National Party, the 100th birthday of Dr. Seuss, the 75th anniversary of the start of the Great Depression, and the 50th anniversaries of the historic Brown vs. Board of Education decision that struck down school segregation and Elvis Presley's debut as a rock star.
What you'll find in Chase's:
- Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Eastern Orthodox holidays
- International and civil holidays
- Major sporting events--from the Super Bowl to the Kentucky Derby
- Astronomical phenomena, including all moon phases for the year
- Local and national festivals, including all 50 state fairs, food and film festivals and more
- United Nations observances and presidential proclamations
- Important historical and birth anniversaries, including space milestones, TV and film premiere dates, war battle dates and more
And there's a lot more. People trust Chase's Calendar of Events to deliver interesting facts every day of the year. For broadcasters, event planners, activity leaders, librarians, marketing professionals, speakers, travel agents, editors, writers or simply the curious, this is one reference you can't do without!pdf